MDE21214 - 19th Century quarry southwest of Mill Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An old quarry is depicted and labelled on the 6 inch 1905 and 1963 Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The quarry is not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map, suggesting that it may date to the late 19th Century.  The area of the quarry is marked on 2018 MasterMap data, suggesting it is still extant as an earthwork. 
- <1>XY SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 10NE. [Mapped feature: #44626 ]
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6798 4018 (27m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 32589
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/171
Record last edited
Nov 26 2019 12:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.