MDE21197 - Late 19th Century footbridge southeast of railway embankment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A footbridge is depicted and labelled on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The bridge is not shown on the 1st Edition map, suggesting an 1890s or early 1900s date.  There is no sign of the footbridge on the six inch 1963 map.  The water course over which it was built no longer passed through this area by the time the 2018 MasterMap data was surveyed. 
- <1>XY SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, Sheet 6SE. [Mapped feature: #33709 ]
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 6741 4410 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31584
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31585
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/141
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/141/1
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21198
Record last edited
Dec 2 2019 11:39AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.