MDE21185 - North Lane Cottage, Challacombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The Tithe Map for Challacombe shows a small building and associated enclosure at SS 7009 4106, labelled 830. The accompanying Apportionment describes this as a "House and Garden", occupied by John Fry (but no owner stated).  The building is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and is labelled "North Lane Cottage". It has a small outbuilding to the north.  The building is also shown on the 2nd Edition map, although it is not labelled.  The building is not shown on 2018 MasterMap data and has presumably been demolished. 
- <1> SEM7724 Map: 1839. Challacombe Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcel 830.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1880.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7011 4105 (20m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 66725
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/129
Record last edited
Feb 23 2021 4:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.