MDE21175 - Fords west of North Furzehill Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Fords are marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps and the 6 inch 1903 map. [1-3] The ford is no longer marked on the 1962 6 inch map.  The modern routeway avoids this location and heads east further to the south. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 7NW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||SS 7233 4504 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31518
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/180
Record last edited
May 31 2013 10:31AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.