MDE21166 - Post-medieval quarries west of Old Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two quarries are shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map; the southwesterly one is simply labelled 'quarry' while the northeastern one is shown as an 'old quarry'.  Both are labelled as 'old quarries' on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map and remain so on the 6 inch 1903 and 1962 maps. [2-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 7NW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7317 4714 (54m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31509
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/189
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 4:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.