MDE21164 - Post-medieval quarry at Small Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quarry is marked on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The site is shown as an old quarry on the 2nd Edition map and the 6 inch maps of 1903 and 1962. [2-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 7NW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7287 4722 (30m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31507
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/191
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 4:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.