MDE21163 - Crossing place at Church Coombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps and the 1903 6 inch map show a footbridge at this location. [1-3] The 1962 map shows a footbridge is present at the site (possibly the same structure) but a ford is also marked.  A ford and footbridge are currently shown at the site. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 7NW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||SS 7466 4653 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31506
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/192
Record last edited
May 31 2013 9:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.