MDE21160 - Path on Pig Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A track is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition maps and on the 6 inch 1903 map. [1-3] The route is shown on the 6 inch 1962 map heading as far east as the ford but then skirts to the north, as the modern path does. The path is not then marked any further east than c. SS 7481 4517.  The modern mapping (2013) shows the path continue north and crossing the river at c. SS 7482 4521. It then rejoins the original path at SS 7488 4512 and veers east at SS 7517 4494. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 7NW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7480 4547 (2111m by 1685m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31503
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31504
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/194
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/195
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21161
Record last edited
Apr 26 2020 8:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.