MDE21156 - Stunhill Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear plot on the Parracombe Tithe Map.  Stunhill Quarry is depicted and labelled on mapping between the late 19th Century and 1963. [2-4] The quarry remains appear to have been levelled and the site is now occupied by a large agricultural building. 
- <1> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <5> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6495 4481 (29m by 22m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31462
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/89
Record last edited
Nov 14 2014 3:41PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.