MDE21155 - Post-medieval ford at Duckland (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A ford is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at SS 6455 4486.  The ford is also shown on the 6 inch 2nd Edition map.  The ford is not shown on the 1963 map.  The ford is visible on the Tithe Map for Parracombe. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 6NW.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6454 4487 (17m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31461
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/90/1
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 1:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.