MDE21150 - Post-medieval quarry adjacent to Down Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An earthwork is depicted but not labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at SS 6349 4378.  It is labelled as an old quarry on later mapping editions. [2,3] The feature is not shown on 2018 Ordnance Survey MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 6SW.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6349 4378 (50m by 35m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31437
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/112
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 2:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.