MDE21139 - Post-medieval footbridge west of Broadoak Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A 'footbridge' is shown on the 2nd Edition six inch Ordnance Survey map.  There is no sign of the footbridge on the six inch 1963 map.  The footbridge is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map.  The bridge is not shown on the Martinhoe Tithe Map, although it may still have been extant at this time. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903.
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #33684 ]
- <4> SEM7573 Map: 1842. Martinhoe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||SS 6640 4662 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31426
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/96
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 10:54AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.