MDE21137 - Post-medieval footbridge northeast of Killington (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A footbridge is shown on the six and 25 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map. [1,2] There is no sign of the footbridge on on the six inch 1963 map.  The bridge is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is not shown on the Tithe Map for Martinhoe, although it may have been extant at this time. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 6NE.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #33682 ]
- <5> SEM7573 Map: 1842. Martinhoe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||SS 6673 4655 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31424
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/98
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 11:47AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.