MDE21131 - Post-medieval quarry west of Woolhanger Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An old quarry is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, and the six inch 2nd Edition and 1963 Ordnance Survey maps. [1-3] The feature is not shown on current MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44106 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6874 4594 (54m by 45m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31418
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/104
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 1:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.