MDE21128 - Lane Head Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Lane Head Quarry is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is also shown on the six inch 2nd Edition and 1963 Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] Recorded as a 'public quarry' to be set out according to 1862 Parracombe Down Enclosure Award and map, for maintenance of new enclosure roads. [4,5]
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44422 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 6NE.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <5> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays. Parracombe Down.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6723 4541 (26m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31415
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/107
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 1:39PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.