MDE21122 - Post-medieval quarry southwest of Woolhanger (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows an earthwork at SS 6972 4509.  The feature is labelled as a quarry on the 2nd Edition map and the 1963 Ordnance Survey 6 inch map. [2,3] The quarry is depicted but not labelled on modern MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44123 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6973 4509 (25m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31409
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/113
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 3:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.