MDE21116 - 19th Century quarry northwest of Barna Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
'Old Quarry' shown on the 1903 6 inch Ordnance Survey map and the 1962 6 inch Ordnance Survey map. [1,2] Site of a small 'Quarry' c. 20 metres by 13 metres shown on 1880s 25 inch Ordnance Survey map with a track to the northwest. The feature is labelled 'Old Quarry' on the 1906 25 inch Ordnance Survey map. [3,4]
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1880s.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7529 4966 (20m by 23m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA108042 (National Trust HER entry: MNA108042)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31134
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/574
- National Trust HER Record: MNA108042
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.