MDE21105 - 19th Century quarry east of School House (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quarry is shown on the 1st Edition map at SS 7711 4902. There is a further quarry to the west (MDE21106). Both appear to be in use.  The quarry is again shown on the 2nd Edition map, with a trackway leading to it from the road to the north (now the A39).  Des=os 6"(1903)map,sheet 3se and ne. (2) Des=os 6"(1962)map. (3)
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904, Devon 3(11).
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7711 4903 (47m by 47m)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31123
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/583
Record last edited
Apr 4 2018 10:43AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.