MDE21095 - Middlepiece Linhay, Brendon (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A small building is shown in the corner of a field at SS 7732 4743 on the Tithe Map for Brendon. NB "Middle Piece" is the name of a field to the west of the linhay, centred at SS773473 and labelled 491 on the Brendon Tithe Map. The linhay is in land parcel 492, named "Horse Park" on the Apportionment.  The building is again shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and is labelled "Middlepiece Linhay".  The building is depicted and labelled on the six inch 1903 2nd Edition and 1962 maps. [3,4] There is no sign of a building in this location on 2021 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7949 Map: 1841. Brendon Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcels 491, 492.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46881 ]
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 3SE and 3NE.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7747 4736 (11m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31113
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/594
Record last edited
Jun 9 2021 12:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.