MDE21094 - Post-medieval quarry northwest of Tippacott (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quarry is depicted and labelled on 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The site is labelled as an old quarry on six inch 2nd Edition and 1962 maps. [2,3] The quarry is not depicted on 2021 MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46882 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 3SE and 3NE.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7656 4737 (44m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31112
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/595
Record last edited
Jan 13 2021 1:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.