MDE21092 - Disputed 19th Century Methodist chapel at Rockford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 7566 4779. 'Methodist Chapel' shown on six inch 1903 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map . Building shown but not marked as a chapel on six inch 1962 map .  There is no chapel shown at this location or in the near vicinity on the maps specified by . It is not clear whether the original HER record is the result of an error in the quoted grid reference. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 3SE and 3NE.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <3>XY SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. Devon reference 31110. [Mapped feature: #33650 ]
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 13 January 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7566 4779 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31110
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/597
Record last edited
Jan 13 2021 2:43PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.