MDE21051 - Ninney Well, Countisbury Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
'Ninney Well' is shown on First Edition Ordnance Survey mapping.  'Ninney Well' marks a building on the Second Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The building is marked as 'Ninney Well (Tank)' on the Ordnance Survey 2011 MasterMap.  The well forms part of the water supply for a private property. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7580 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8547 Unpublished document: Bowes, P.. 2018. MDE21051 - Ninney Well, Countisbury Hill.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7352 4942 (7m by 5m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA108054 (National Trust HER entry: MNA108054)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31069
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/172
- National Trust HER Record: MNA108054
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.