MDE21049 - Possible quarry southeast of Countisbury (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps do not show any features in this location. [1,2] 'Quarry' is apparently shown on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch (1903) map and 6 inch (1962) map. [3,4] The modern Ordnance Survey mapping (2013) also does not show any features in this location. It is possible that the site referred to has been mapped incorrectly. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 3NW and SW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||SS 7494 4937 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31067
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/174
Record last edited
Apr 12 2016 11:02AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.