MDE21046 - Post-medieval quarry south of Holdstone Barrows (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small quarry is shown here on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The quarry is still shown at a small size on the 1963 6 inch map.  The 1974-6 Ordnance Survey map shows the quarry at its present size. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:2500 / 1974-6.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6199 4762 (29m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA107769 (National Trust HER entry: MNA107769)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31061
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/62
- National Trust HER Record: MNA107769
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.