MDE21044 - Post-medieval footbridge and ford at Milltown (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A footbridge is shown on the six inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The bridge is also shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map. It appears to be to the west of ford, although the site has been somewhat obscured by the depiction of a tree.  It appears that the bridge and ford have been replaced by a road bridge at some time during the 20th Century. [3,4]
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 2SE.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46760 ]
- <3> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 21 October 2020.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6556 4782 (30m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31059
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/75
Record last edited
Jul 21 2021 2:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.