MDE21042 - Post-medieval and modern quarry southwest of Mannacott House (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A small unlabelled earthwork is shown abutting the road to the north at SS 6604 4801 on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  By the early 20th Century, the feature had grown in size. 2nd Edition mapping labels the feature "Quarry". [2,3] The quarry is also depicted and labelled on the six inch 1963 map.  The feature is not shown on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 2SE.
- <4>XY SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963. [Mapped feature: #46762 ]
- <5> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6604 4800 (65m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31057
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/77
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 11:54AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.