MDE21038 - Post-medieval and modern quarry east of Martinhoe Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A quarry is depicted and labelled on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The quarry is again shown on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map and the six inch 1963 map. Both of these maps label the feature "old quarry". [2,3] Modern MasterMap data shows the feature has grown in size since the 1963 map was surveyed. [3,4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #46764 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6751 4844 (35m by 47m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA107813 (National Trust HER entry: MNA107813)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31053
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/81
- National Trust HER Record: MNA107813
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 12:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.