MDE21032 - Post-medieval quarry near Bonhill Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval quarry is shown and labelled on 1st Edition Ordnance Survey mapping.  The quarry was depicted and labelled as an "old quarry" on the 2nd Edition map and the six inch 1963 map. [2,3] The earthwork is visible on 2014 MasterMap, although it is not labelled. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #42754 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6875 4817 (19m by 26m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31047
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/87
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.