MDE21031 - Post-medieval quarry north of Sixacre Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An 'Old Quarry' was marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey mapping and the six inch 1963 map, indicating that extraction had ceased at the site. On 2014 MasterMap the earthworks are depicted but not annotated. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #42762 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6992 4865 (31m by 30m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31046
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/88
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 12:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.