MDE20943 - Possible undated enclosure on Pig Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Low banks forming long curving boundaries on Pig Hill are visible on aerial photographs. [1-3] An aerial photograph dating to 1979 shows an irregular D shaped enclosure pendant from a boundary bank.  The feature has been recorded as part of the wider medieval field system (MMO480) by the National Mapping Programme. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 4075 (April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/074 (May 1977).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7544A.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR SS7544:SF 1459/391 (1 March 1979) in Devon HER.
- <5>XY SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183. [Mapped feature: #47304 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7553 4400 (143m by 189m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 21632
- Devon SMR: SS74SE/38
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 4:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.