MDE20920 - Shrewsborough Castle Common / Castle Common (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Enclosure award (1864) for Shrewsborough Castle Common.  The area is known as Castle Common on the 25 inch 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey mapping, and on the 2018 MasterMap data. [2-4] Castle Common is shown on the Tithe Map for High Bray. It is labelled "Castle Common" and given the reference 470, which the accompanying Apportionment describes as being 173 acres 2 roods and 26 perches of pasture, under the ownership of the Reverend Thomas Upjohn (Glebe). 
- <1> SDE66001 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1864. Enclosure Award for Shrewsborough Castle Common.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <5>XY SEM8103 Map: Northcote, G.. 1838. High Bray Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcel 470. [Mapped feature: #45990 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 708 390 (1841m by 1040m)|
|Historic Parish||HIGH BRAY|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 21032
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/583
Record last edited
Apr 15 2019 2:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.