MDE20917 - Kentisbury Down (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Enclosure Award for Kentisbury Down dates to 1848. [1,2] The Tithe Map for Kentisbury shows the unenclosed Down.  By the time the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map was surveyed, the Down had been enclosed. 
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. Enclosure Awards File and Map Overlays, FA Wilmshurst, 2000.
- <3> SEM7937 Map: 1840. Kentisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 636 439 (1918m by 2055m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 21029
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/57
Record last edited
Apr 12 2021 10:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.