MDE20880 - Medieval or post-medieval field boundary west of Radworthy (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A field bank or former enclosure boundary is visible on aerial photographs. [1-3] The bank is visible from Radworthy across the valley. Photograph taken from SS 696 430. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6942.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK 1980.3088 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/120 (May 1977).
- <4> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. Site visit, J Haynes, 16 March 1982.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6935 4273 (160m by 239m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 19369
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/108
Record last edited
Nov 26 2019 2:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.