MDE20850 - Undated mound on Moorhouse Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8279 3126. A circular mound that had been ploughed over was noted on aerial photographs dating to 1977. [1,2] SS 8284 3123. A circular feature was noted on aerial photographs, but no trace was detected during field investigation in 1995. 
- <1> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM/12/040 (May 1977).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8231B.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 17 April 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8283 3123 (31m by 34m)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1052265 (Pastscape entry: 1052265)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18374
- Devon SMR: SS83SW/15
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE13241
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW56
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1052265
Record last edited
Feb 11 2019 2:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.