MDE20849 - Possible undated mound on Moorhouse Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8270 3130. A circular mound is visible on aerial photographs dating to 1977. [1,2] The mound may be associated with a field system on the northern slope of Dane's Brook, centred at SS 8270 3140 (MDE8252).  A circular feature was reportedly shown on aerial photographs, however, no trace was detected during field investigation in 1995. 
- <1> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM/12/040 (May 1977).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8231B.
- <3> SDE69908 Report: Bannister, N.R. and Bannister, D.E.. 1992. Historic landscape survey of the Molland Estate, Nr South Molton, Devon. 29 May 1995, A10.
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 17 April 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8270 3130 (29m by 29m)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1052264 (Pastscape entry> 1052264)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18373
- Devon SMR: SS83SW/14
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE13240
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW55
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1052264
Record last edited
Feb 11 2019 2:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.