MDE20828 - Medieval hollow way on Clannon Ball (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Irregular linear depressions on Clannon Ball and the east side of Cheviton Ridge are visible on aerial photographs and may represent an old trackway. [1-3] The feature does not appear to have been transcribed by the National Mapping Project.  The routeway is not shown on the Brendon Tithe Map, nor on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. [5,6]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3078 (April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/074 (May 1977).
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7543C. [Mapped features: #47301 Northwestern parg, SS7543C; #47302 Southeastern part, SS7543C]
- <4> SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
- <5> SEM7949 Map: 1841. Brendon Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7576 4373 (956m by 637m) (2 map features)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18188
- Devon SMR: SS74SE/30
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 3:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.