MDE20815 - Possible Bronze Age barrow south of Ilkerton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 7228 4358. A low irregular ring bank, possibly a barrow, was noted on aerial photographs. [1-3] SS 7229 4359. An alleged ring bank, a possible barrow? seen by McDonnell on aerial photographs . SS 7229 4359. The area of the reference is rough grass and heather on a fairly steep wet northeastern facing slope just north of the county boundary. No trace was found of this alleged ring bank or barrow. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3083 (April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/069 (May 1977).
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7243a. [Mapped feature: #47044 SS7243A]
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 May 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7227 4358 (49m by 48m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18175
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/91
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE12851
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW123
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1044062
Record last edited
Apr 21 2021 12:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.