MDE20813 - Possible undated subrectangular enclosure on Ilkerton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A vegetational mark suggesting a subrectangular banked enclosure was noted on aerial photographs. [1-3] SS 7185 4478. Vegetational mark suggesting a subrectangular banked enclosure seen by McDonnell on aerial photographs . SS 7185 4478. The area falls on a gentle east facing slope of heather, bracken and rough grass. No trace was found of this feature. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/106G/UK/1655.4065 (July 1946).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.4081 (April 1947).
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7144C. [Mapped feature: #47050 ]
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 September 1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7184 4477 (54m by 57m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18173
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/89
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE12849
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW121
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1044052
Record last edited
Apr 21 2021 11:31AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.