MDE20756 - Undated circular enclosure on Farley Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A fairly small banked circular enclosure was noted on aerial photographs on Farley Hill. [1,2] The area was subject to field survey in 1993. It was noted that circular features and a mound previously recorded in this area could not be located. This may or may not have been one of the mounds referred to by the surveyor. [3-5]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.4075 (April 1947).
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7545C. [Mapped feature: #46850 SS7545C]
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 25 November 1993.
- <4> SEM7987 Archive: English Heritage. National Monuments Record / AMIE / Monarch / National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry - viewable via Pastscape. Reference 1002186.
- <5> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 15 December 2020.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7552 4569 (48m by 46m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18107
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/528
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MDE11952
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NE50
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1002186
Record last edited
Dec 15 2020 4:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.