MDE20729 - Possible Bronze Age barrows near the Chapman Barrows (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two small ring banks forming barrows in the Chapman group. Good on 1947 aerial photograph, fair on 1977 photograph.  No visible trace of these features. They lie on land improved in c.1980. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6943c.
- <2> SDE94939 Aerial photograph: RAF. April 1947. CPE/UK 1980. Aerial Photograph. 3088. 3088.
- <3> SDE94940 Aerial photograph: Unknown. May 1977. MAM/13/120.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. SC Timms, 1983.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6943 4359 (28m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17983
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/97
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 4:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.