MDE20718 - Post-medieval farm building and associated trackway west of West Swinscombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A farm building at SS 6893 4160 and its associated trackway to the southeast linking the building to West Swincombe Farmstead were noted on aerial photographs. They were destroyed between 1947 and 1977, when only the site remained. [1-3] The building is depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, although the trackway is not shown. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 3143 (April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/14/009 (May 1977).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6841a.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6896 4156 (90m by 101m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17972
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/86
Record last edited
Dec 3 2019 3:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.