MDE20713 - Possible Bronze Age barrow northeast of Brockenbarrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 6727 4271. A small round mound with a possible encircling bank was noted on aerial photographs. [1,2] Now no trace of anything here, in a flat pasture field.  There is no field evidence for the feature. The site lies close to an east to west field boundary and both the fields to the north and south have been improved; they are currently under pasture. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 3092 (April 1947).
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6742B. [Mapped feature: #46397 SS6742B]
- <3> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. Site visit, FM Griffith, 6 May 1987 (worksheet 7 May 1987).
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 21 June 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6726 4272 (26m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17967
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/79
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE10881
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 SE51
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 910002
Record last edited
Dec 3 2019 4:10PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.