MDE20709 - Possible Bronze Age barrow on Westland Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A low ring bank, possibly a Bronze Age barrow, was noted on aerial photographs. [1,2] There is no surface evidence for the feature at the National Grid Reference cited [SS 6598 4256], in a field of improved pasture. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 3093 (April 1947).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6542B.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 June 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6598 4257 (36m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=910007 (Pastscape entry: 910007)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17963
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/74
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE10882
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 SE52
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 910007
Record last edited
Dec 3 2019 4:41PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.