MDE20695 - Post-medieval trackways south of Ranscombe Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two short lengths of trackway are visible on aerial photographs, on the south side of Ranscombe Combe; one at SS 6996 4683, and the other at SS 6959 4677. [1-3] The easternmost feature is labelled as a track on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3057 (April 1947).
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6946d. [Mapped feature: #38165 SS6946D]
- <4>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #38164 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6978 4680 (474m by 100m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17949
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/63
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 3:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.