MDE20658 - Post-medieval quarry south of Easter Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An earthwork in two parts is shown on the six inch 1905 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The feature is also shown on the six inch 1962 map.  Only the southern part of the earthwork is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, suggesting that the feature was expanded at the end of the 20th Century. It may have been a quarry. [3,4]
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 7NE.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <3>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46911 ]
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 19 January 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7783 4713 (65m by 67m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57194
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/641
Record last edited
Jun 9 2021 12:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.