MDE20653 - Late 19th or early 20th Century fishpond south of Home Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows some earthworks in this location but no fishpond.  The fishpond has been constructed by the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map and it is also shown on the 1903/1938 map. [2,3] The fishpond does not appear on the 1962 map, although it is currently (2013) extant. [4,5]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7015 4492 (67m by 111m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57025
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/126
Record last edited
Mar 27 2018 10:20AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.