MDE20651 - Late 19th Century or early 20th Century pond south of Woolhanger Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Local information indicates that the pond at SS 6944 4490 was used in connection with a leat to power an organ in the music room at Woolhanger. Cursory examination did not reveal evidence for either sluice arrangements or for a leat.  Fishpond markedon the Ordnance Survey maps of 1903 and 1963. [2,3] The pond is not present on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 19 August 1993.
- <2> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6943 4489 (39m by 47m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57023
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/193
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 1:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.