MDE20645 - Post-medieval quarry southeast of Sunnyside Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An old quarry is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The quarry is also shown on the 25 inch 2nd Edition map, as well as the six inch 1838 and 1963 maps. [2-4] The quarry is not marked on 2018 MasterMap data; however, the earthworks can be seen on 2017 aerial photographs. [5,6]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <6> SEM8520 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2017. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 673 445 (31m by 27m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57017
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/190
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 2:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.