MDE20624 - Late 19th or early 20th Century ford east of Southground Quarries (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A ford is depicted and labelled on the six inch 1905 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The feature is not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map and the road it served is also not shown.  The ford is present on the six inch 1963 map.  2018 MasterMap data depicts and labels the ford. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, Devon 6SE.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46407 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6934 4130 (10m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31565
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/161
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 2:35PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.