MDE20623 - Late 19th or early 20th Century footbridge east of Southground Quarries (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A footbridge is depicted and labelled at SS 6934 4132 on the 25 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The bridge is not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map.  The bridge is labelled on the six inch 1963 map.  It no longer appears to be extant by the time the 1975 25 inch map was surveyed. 
- <1>XY SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #33479 ]
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 6935 4132 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31564
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/162
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 2:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.